PDA

View Full Version : Southern Comfort (open)

Rogue
02-23-2005, 03:37 AM
After Rogue had retrieved the device that allowed her an escape from her mutant powers, she made her way out of the ready room and up to her own room. She thought about checking on Bobby, but felt that earlier he'd been a little nervous and distracted, and probably needed rest just like Gambit did.

Besides, she was pretty sure she needed to clean up a little. Fighting all day in fire and soot did not a woman make.

Fire. Rogue thought about Jean, and considered how the woman had to be recovering from their encounter, her death, and resurrection. She'd worked well at the apartments, but she'd seemed different, too. Still not remembering things properly?

The hot shower felt so delicious, that Rogue was having an easy time forgetting about her own problems. She'd not worn the collar in quite a few hours, and yet the presence of the baby was quite far removed from her own psyche. Or so Rogue thought.

A twinge of pain was there and gone again, within her stomach. And then, again, a little stronger that time. Rogue slunk to the floor of the shower, inhaling slowly and carefully. The sickness washed over her again, in a wave, and passed once more.

Ah can lift tons an' survive almost anythin'. But if this is just the start of mornin' sickness...Remy, what have we done?

Reaching up, she turned the knobs of the shower and shut the water off. Sliding the glass door, she reached for her towel and sighed as cool air rushed in to greet her burning body. Soon she was dry, and she'd dressed in a pair of Xavier's sweatpants and yet another of many cut-up tee shirts. Hair still wet, she tumbled out of her room, barefoot.

Rogue went to check on Remy. She peeked in his dark room, but it appeared the Cajun wasn't there. Shrugging, she thought it was possible he'd gone outside for a healing cigarette, but she wasn't going to pursue him at the moment. Downstairs, there was food. And even though she had a twinge of nausea every once in a while, Rogue felt she was starving.

Rogue
02-25-2005, 08:08 AM
Rogue had finagled an apple and a glass of milk from the refrigerator. Really, despite how hungry she felt, there was nothing more she felt she could eat.

She sat on a stool next to a counter, wrapping her bare feet around the legs. The metal was cold on her toes, but Rogue didn't pay it much thought.

Things were quiet, for the moment. That is, until she turned on the small television that was wedged into the wall above cabinets.

A local newschannel was running footage from the Massachusetts Academy school grounds. It looked like everything had been laid to waste.

"...local and governement authorities will not comment on losses or casualties. The end result here, however, seems to be the complete destruction of a national mutant terrorist base."

Indeed. Rogue thought, staring at the smoke. Firefighters were working in the background, and governement authorities were working through debris.

"Coming up next on Newschannel 3, is the Sentinel program worthy of public support? Insiders in the program say yes. We'll bring you the reasons why, after the break."

If Rogue hadn't been so exhausted, she would have been shocked. No casualties or reports of them... That meant everyone must have gotten out safely. Including that wretched woman, Emma Frost. Of course they all got out. That woman had more lives and dirty playing up her sleeve than anyone Rogue had ever known who pretended to be on the good side.

And just where was Scott Summers these days, anyhow? Everyone around here was shot-up, gone, or just plain disinterested.

That was fine with Rogue. She could use the down-time.

mastashonuff
03-03-2005, 03:15 AM
The end of the world.

Her world. A time ruled by cruelty personified. Atrocities piled high upon the bodies of the exploited. Gone.

Clarice tries to settle her mind, *Is this what death is like?* Caught in a wash of chronoradiation, the result of the cosmos filling the vaccum caused by the end of the alternate universe, her mind flashes to the loss of her surrogate family. It lasts only fractions of a second, yet feels like hours. Instinct takes over then, where everything else has failed. Every molecule of her being reaches toward the familiar, for what her rational mind would tell her no longer exists.

A portal opens and she slides through into the familiar noplace that precedes her arrival. Blink falls through the portal onto a granite counter, cold under her skin. Weakly, she looks up, and manages a word before the blackness of unconsciousness envelopes her,"...Rogue".

Rogue
03-06-2005, 10:25 AM
Rogue had switched the television off, and was in the process of stepping down from her seat to dispose of the apple core when the strange appearance of o void appeared, and strenger yet, a young woman passed through it, onto the floor.

Even more frightening than that, was the word that she said before she lost consciousness.

"...Rogue."

Rogue's eyebrows dipped down. She took a step back, hoping she'd not understood what the unexpected visitor had said. Along with that came the question of how she'd come to be here, and was she full of ill-intent?

Nothing told Rogue that the girl was hostile, especially sprawled out as she was on the floor.

But this was no friend Rogue had ever encountered before...Was it?

Rogue kneeled down to get a better look at the young woman's face. She felt rather peculiar staring at her when her defenses were all but gone, but at this point in time it was better to err on the side of caution.

((Sorry for the delay, I've had family problems and haven't felt like RPing))

mastashonuff
03-06-2005, 12:48 PM
((OOC: sorry to hear about your family issues, hope they get sorted out soon.))

Colors of every sort burst in her mind's eye, spectacular in their intensity. The brighter it seemed, the more intense the feeling that accompanied the color.

Then came the memories; once, soon after Mr. Creed and Weapon X had brought her home to the X-men, she had been sitting watching the group congregate at a meal. Was that so long ago? She watches herself observe the happy, yet sombre group and detail what she saw in sketches. I remember now, I used to draw things, my form of a diary I suppose.

She sat apart from the group, yet never felt isolated. Just different perhaps. She chuckled as Magneto slapped Morph's hand as he was elongating his form down the table to get first dibs on a tasty morsel. When Clarice thought back, she found it strange to think even a moment like this existed. Of course, soon after this, several of Apocalypse's prelates made an offensive against a refugee camp and she had to teleport the team to what was once Detroit to help out.

We lost Splice that day. His ability to combine the powers of two other mutants didn't save him from the evisceration of the feral gene freak from the Dark Beast's labs. Perhaps if Weapon X or Mr. Creed had been within his powers' range he could have used their power to heal but, then, none of us were sure how his power worked.

And now they were all gone. The universe had ended. But where was she?

Tears welled up in her eyes, and began to roll along her lavender cheek onto her sketch. Through tear blurred eyes, Clarice stared at the paper, trying to discern why she was seeing these things, when consciousness began to creep back in.

"Ugnh..." she exhaled weakly. Cold granite lay beneath her. The stench of body ash that hung in the air of her world was no longer present, but she couldn't put her finger on the difference. Her eyes began to focus and kneeling in front of her was, Rogue? She certainly resembled her, and yet...didn't she die?

rayd8er
03-09-2005, 08:33 PM
((OOC: Kurt is arriving from the "Trevor's Arrival" thread))

Still wondering where he knew Trevor Donalds face from, Kurt teleports into the kitchen to put on a pot of tea (for himself) and coffee (for the new guest). He hoped that Mr. Donalds wasn't shocked by his teleportation out of the reception room, but he had a feeling that if he was to be staying here any length of time, he better get used to such things.

The instant Kurt arrives in the kitchen he notices something seems to be awry. Rogue is kneeling down over a prone figure who seems to be just starting to stir. She seems to be intently focusing on her Lavender skinned face.

"Rogue....." The Girl whispers uncertainly. It appears that these two know each other from somewhere, but where? To his knowledge he has never seen this mutant before (and one with such a beautiful color to her skin!). He walks around the other side of the prone figure and kneels down opposite Rogue.

"Vas is das, Fraulein? Someone you know? And more importantly, is she OK?"

Rogue
03-10-2005, 09:24 PM
"Vas is das, Fraulein? Someone you know? And more importantly, is she OK?"

Rogue felt somehow, that the intruder here was definitely not hostile. Something just told her, in the back of her mind.

She jumped a little with suprise when Kurt entered the kitchen, and swiveled her head to the side to look at him from the corners of her eyes.

"Ah don't know, hon...Ah don't know what's goin' on. She jus appeared, an' then fell on th' floor. Somethin' tells me she's not hostile, though."

Rogue was ignoring the fact that the girl knew wher name. Strange things were going on in her life as well right now and she didn't exactly want to focus on anything stranger. She had the feeling, however, that this newcomer was going to force her to. She reached down to the girl, gloved hands outstretched.

"Can ya'll get up? How're ya feelin'?"

Rogue's gut feeling was trying to take over once more. Her stomach churned a little as the apple she ate before took the initiative to dance around nervously.

Now's not the time, baby. She said to herself, trying to end the nausea which was attempting to establish control once more.

mastashonuff
03-14-2005, 01:07 AM
Confusion clouds her thoughts as Clarice returns to consciousness. Rogue kneels in front of her, "Can ya'll get up? How're ya feelin'?"

"Rogue?...how...how did we get here? Where are we? I thought...didn't you all die? Where's Magneto? Mr. Creed? Did we get Apolcolypse?" Questions flow from her mouth before she can make the conscious decision to ask them.

Her body is weak from the effort she made to `port to this place, and she'd have a bruise on her face for a week from her less than graceful landing.

Suddenly she realizes that another person is present in the room. He is a fuzzy blue man, short, with a tail and a German accent. She thinks to herself, this man could be Nightcrawler, and yet, something is not right....

"Who....are you?" She says, moving almost imperceptibly away from him. Her battle honed instincts causing her to be wary of subtle inconsistencies.

bluezilgen
03-14-2005, 08:23 AM
Bobby Drake walked into the kitchen casually still drying his wet hair with a towel. After his shower he'd changed into a pair of loose fitting cargo pants and a white t-shirt, he was still somewhat exhausted from his ordeal and needed to relax. As he entered the kitchen he saw a group of familiar faces, and a pink skinned girl he wasn't entirely sure still walked this earth. From what he understood this woman was Blink, but he also understood she'd died on one of Generation X's first missions. Things were just getting stranger and stranger around here, Bobby turned his head from Rogue, to Nightcrawler, then to Blink, looking a bit confused, "Umm... hey everyone, what's up? Bobby put the wet towel on the back of a chair, taking a seat as he did.

Rogue
03-17-2005, 04:36 AM
"Rogue?...how...how did we get here? Where are we? I thought...didn't you all die? Where's Magneto? Mr. Creed? Did we get Apolcolypse?"

Rogue was beginning to feel almost as confused as the young mutant next to her. Her eyebrows dipped down, and she reached a hand out to the girl.

"Hon, Ah don't know what you're talkin' about, but Ah'm sure ya need some rest."

She looked at Kurt as the stranger addressed him, confusion written all over her Southern features.

rayd8er
03-17-2005, 11:19 PM
Kurt returns Rogue's gaze.
He has no idea who this new arrival is.
It seems like her being in the kitchen is just as much of a puzzle to Rogue as it is to him. Kurt knew he tended to be an optimist, and that sometimes his judgment was clouded by the hope that everyone was as happy-go-lucky as himself.
He didn't sense any danger from the lavender skinned maiden raising herself to her feet but could he be sure?

Kurt felt great comfort in Bobby Drakes arrival, knowing that should she prove to be some unknown enemy, there were more than enough hands here to subdue her. She looked confused but not frightened, seeming to rely on past training to orient herself in what looked to be an unusual circumstance.

" I'm Kurt, Kurt Wagner. You seem to be somewhat out of sorts, Fraulien. I am putting some water on for tea, and coffee for our new guest in the reception area. Would you care for some? Myself I am beginning to think I could use something stronger than tea...."

Kurt smiled, hoping his grin would lighten the mood. As he introduced himself he did not extend his hand or touch the young maiden's shoulder. He wanted her comfortable and he did not know if invading her personal space was a good idea.

Kurt looks toward Bobby.
"There is someone here to see Professor Xavier. His name is Trevor Donalds, he is waiting in the lobby. No doubt Herr Professor knows he is here already."

mastashonuff
03-20-2005, 11:43 PM
Clarice's mind is clear now, even as it races to connect the people she sees in front of her with the memories she has of their counterparts. Her battle tensed muscles relax as she scans the faces of those staring at her.

I'm Kurt, Kurt Wagner. You seem to be somewhat out of sorts, Fraulien. I am putting some water on for tea, and coffee for our new guest in the reception area. Would you care for some? Myself I am beginning to think I could use something stronger than tea...."

Kurt smiled, hoping his grin would lighten the mood. As he introduced himself he did not extend his hand or touch the young maiden's shoulder. He wanted her comfortable and he did not know if invading her personal space was a good idea.

Nightcrawler, yes, she remembers him. A good man, yet this Nightcrawler seems different. Somehow...happier. As if the invisible weight of Apocolypse's rule had never affected him. In fact, that seemed to be the case with all in attendance. Her rational mind was attempting to fit the pieces of the puzzle together even as her instinct told her the truth.

She reaches out and embraces Rogue, seeking comfort as reality sets in.

Her Rogue, her X-men, her world, gone.

Tears come now, slow at first, then uncontrolled. She sobs at her loss even as she holds tightly to another version of one she mourns. She squeezes her eyes shut as if to avoid confirming her instinct by seeing the truth.

She senses rather than hears Kurt speaking with Bobby, his voice coaxing her back to rational thought. She begins to compose herself, and slowly releases her grip on Rogue. Wiping her eyes, she returns Kurt's smile, "Tea would be wonderful, Nightcrawler, and if it's not too much trouble, could somebody tell me where I am?"

BlazeAkira
03-22-2005, 03:49 AM
Amara slipped away to her bedroom upstairs where she took a shower to clean off all the dark smoke that clung to her body during her earlier mission. It was her first mission back with the X-Men and it brought back some "fond" memories of working with her friends. Although, family seems like the right word instead of friends. No matter the mission or the danger, the X-Men were always there. When returning back to the familiar mansion, Iceman was the first to greet Amara back. He welcomed her back and made her feel right at home. Even though their get-together at Harry's Hideaway was disrupted, Bobby was there to keep a positive out look. After coming back home to the mansion after a dangerous and fiery mission and after Rachel Summers helped to heal Bobby's potentially fatal wound, Bobby and Amara decided to clean up and meet up in the kitchen later.

Now cleaned and dressed in loose fitting black pants and a white long sleeve shirt, Amara headed downstairs and walked into the kitchen where there was not only Bobby, but also Rogue, Nightcrawler, and an unfamiliar female face with purple skin. No doubt Amara's presence would cause her friends to look at her to see who was the latest to come into the kitchen. At first, the mutant known as Magma was startled as she was expecting to see Bobby only. The startled feelng soon swept away into an easy going feeling, as she was comfortable around her friends.

"Hi everybody. What is everyone up to?" said the blonde gorgeous mutant. She noticed Iceman sitting at a table and for some reason, the first thought in her mind was that he looked handsome. This was a weird thought. She hoped her thought wasn't leading into the idea of her developing a crush on her teammate as she didn't want anything more than friends with anybody! Afterall, she just got out of a bad relationship and wasn't particularly looking for anything else serious. Either way, Amara pushed back the thought and walked towards Bobby. "Hey Bobby. I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long." Amara said in a slightly lower tone.

rayd8er
03-23-2005, 10:47 PM
Delighted to be of some use in this puzzling situation, Kurt bows dramatically low, arching his tail into a question mark.

" Tea! Wunderbar! As you wish, Mademoiselle. I am at your service, in all things... But to be honest with you I was hoping that you could tell me how it is you came to be here, on the floor of our kitchen? I can see you look confused, disoriented, disheveled.... Let us, together, try to sort this out over Tea!"

Raising up from his pose, Kurt notices the arrival of Amara. It seems like the kitchen was filling up rapidly. Well, the more the merrier! Smiling, Kurt turns to the mansion regulars.

"I'll get tea and coffee on, would anyone care to make sandwiches? There is a superb pastrami on the third shelf in the fridge."

Rogue
03-28-2005, 05:53 AM
Rogue tentatively held the young woman. It was very apparent that she wasn't here to cause problems now, but confusion still held over her head and the nausea wasn't helping.

"C'mon, sugah, let's stand up." Rogue began to lift her up to her feet. She couldn't imagine that it was very comfortable on the cold tile floor. She manuevered the girl towards a seat, smiling back at Bobby and Amara as best she could manage.

"Tea sounds great, Kurt," she said, "but Ah'm 'friad Ah'm a little sick to mah stomach right now. Sandwiches are out for me...So's makin' 'em."

She sat down next to their new acquaintance, and put her head in her hands.

bluezilgen
03-28-2005, 10:49 PM
Bobby grinned at the fanfare Nightcrawler naturally brought to any location he was at. Waving to the elf Bobby called out, "Tea and sandwiches sounds fantastic," Bobby turned his attention to Amara as she made her way toward him, he pulled out a chair from the table making a seat for her. "I hope you don't mind this instead of the Hideaway, Kurt's not a half bad cook anyway though." Bobby smiled warmly at Amara, giving her a pat on the back. It was amazing how easily he was able to forget his troubles with good friends back at the mansion, turning to Kurt once again Bobby began to laugh as he made a request, "Make sure the tea's good and hot too, Kurt."

BlazeAkira
03-29-2005, 06:07 AM
"I hope you don't mind this instead of the Hideaway, Kurt's not a half bad cook anyway though." Bobby smiled warmly at Amara, giving her a pat on the back.

Amara had sat down and smiled at her friend known as Iceman, nodding in agreement with Bobby's suggestion. Looking around the kitchen, the blonde lava controlling mutant saw many of her friends. There was Rogue who currently at this time, pregnant! In all honesty, Amara had no idea Rogue would be able to carry a child with her powers keeping her away from intimate touching. She was curious to know Rogue's condition and how she got into it, but Amara was a little affraid to ask considering that Rogue was now a little sick and probably not up to visiting memory lane.

Also in the kitchen was the ever so delightful Kurt Wagner, also known as Nightcrawler. The swashbuckler was always a treat to have around. No matter the situation, he was always capable of bringing a smile or two to a gloomy situation. If anything, Amara was glad to the see the fuzzy elf as some may call him. Then there was the mysterious Blink. Amara had heard stories of the teleporter. Particularly losing her life during the time of the Phalanx. How was it that Blink survived? Amara wanted to so much to talk with her fellow teammates, but with things going so well, it seems that catch up would have to wait. Besides, it's not all the time the X-Men have great times to smile and laugh. Right now is the time to enjoy the great friendships with these people, while it's still here. As crazy as an X-Men's life is, you never know what could happen on the battle field.

"You know, Kurt. I wouldn't mind a sandwhich. Bobby and I tried having lunch earlier, but our plans were somewhat thwarted. Needless to say, I'm starving." giggled the beautiful Magma. Magma glanced at Rogue who sat down, putting her head in her hands. "You know, Rogue. I might have a suggestion to help heal your nausea. Just drink some sprite and eat some saltine crackers. It helps. At least thats what I've heard." suggested Amara.

mastashonuff
03-30-2005, 08:51 PM
This was all so strange to Clarice. Here she is, sitting among the Xmen, or what passes for the Xmen where or when she found herself. They exist with a similar sense of comeraderie that she remembers well from her Xmen.

She forces back tears and sits on the stool next to Rogue. Looking around the room she wonders what will become of her now. Can she exist in this world? Does she have the right to? Perhaps with these Xmen, she could make a difference. One that did not mean the end of all that exists here. Perhaps Apocolypse could be defeated.

Blink watches as Rogue takes the seat next to her. She can almost feel the southern beauty's nausia as she holds her head in her hands.

Blink flips her attention to a flaxon haired beauty who addresses Rogue, "You know, Rogue. I might have a suggestion to help heal your nausea. Just drink some sprite and eat some saltine crackers. It helps. At least thats what I've heard."

"Your pregnant?" Blink asks, remembering Charles, Rogue's baby in her universe. "Is this to be Charles? Where's his Daddy, where's Erik?" The question seemed logical to her, after all, what other man could concieve a child with Rogue without succumbing to her power to siphon one's life energy, other than the Master of Magnetism, Magneto!?

rayd8er
03-31-2005, 10:05 PM
"Pregnant?!", Kurt thought.
The idea was a shock to him. He tried not to let the others register his surprise as he prepped the tea and sandwiches. How did this happen? Rogue's specific powers seemed to negate the very possibility of the act so necessary for conception. Unless, like The Blessed Mother, Rogue conceived immaculately!
The Holy Spirit....Rogue?
Kurt smiled at the prospect and in his mind he imagined his fellows in the kitchen on their knees in reverence, Rogue seated resplendent in a light blue robe with a halo... He could almost picture her there, that placid look on her face, fingers pointing upward in benevolence.
But, most likely, Rogue had conceived some other way. Kurt tried to imagine the specifics but found himself blushing a deeper shade of indigo. He hoped that the others hadn't seen.
"Forgive me Father, I have an awful imagination". Kurt looked briefly at the ceiling, as if imploring God the Father to indulge the weaknesses of a mere mortal. Kurt knew he wasn't the most pious person in the world, as he got older he learned however that a little bit of grace went a long way. He turned his thoughts to a more worldly subject....
A baby!
It would be good to have a young one here, and think of how he or she would be spoiled! Why, a child might even soften Logan's grim visage. But would the baby be allowed to stay here? One could make the argument go either way.... This could alternately be the best or worst place for an infant. Kurt secretly hoped the child would stay. Growing up in The Mansion could be no worse than being raised in a circus.....

"This is a different sort of circus, Ja? But a circus just the same", Kurt said aloud. He poured the tea into the assembled saucers with his prehensile tail. He had timed his culinary feat so that the tea would be finished steeping exactly as the sandwiches
were finished. Pastrami and tea? An unorthodox combination, like all of us! Kurt had been meaning to ask The Professor if, now that The Mansion was no longer a school, the moratorium on alcohol would be lifted. A nice lager would go well with the sandwich.

Kurt placed the last bits of sauerkraut on the sandwiches and carried the tray to the table. From the cabinet, he fished out the bland crackers that Bobby recommended for Rogue and placed them in front of her, on the table.

"Help yourself to tea and sandwiches, lets talk over a full stomach, Ja?"

Rogue
04-01-2005, 09:44 PM
"You're pregnant?" Blink asks, remembering Charles, Rogue's baby in her universe. "Is this to be Charles? Where's his Daddy, where's Erik?"

Rogue started a little.

Oh no. She thought. Cat's outta th' bag.

She sat up a little bit in her seat, wrinkling her nose at the food Kurt sat on the table.

"Yes, hon, Ah'm pregnant. And Ah don't know what ya'll mean by 'Erik'. Th' daddy's 'round heah somewheah." She smiled a little, thinking of Gambit.

"Howevah, we don't have your name yet? It'd be nice to have some introductions 'fore we start talkin' 'bout personal matters. You seem to know me, but Ah don't know you at all."

Rogue swiveled her gaze to her "brother", as he sat a package of crackers in front of her. She supposed she did need to eat a little more, at least. Waiting for the stranger to reply, she opened the pack, and fished around lazily for a cracker.

mastashonuff
04-06-2005, 12:24 AM
"Howevah, we don't have your name yet? It'd be nice to have some introductions 'fore we start talkin' 'bout personal matters. You seem to know me, but Ah don't know you at all."

"I...I'm sorry." The atmosphere among these life long friends and fellow warriors had made Clarice feel right at home. The line in her mind between her reality and the one she is in now, blurring and focusing at what seemed like random intervals. Clarice continued, "As some of you know, I'm Blink." She looked around at all the smiling faces, somehow becoming a little self-conscious now that she was addressing the whole group.

She turns and focuses on Rogue, "My real name is Clarice Ferguson. I'm not totally sure how I got here but, from what I can tell, when we managed to destroy Apocolypse, the backlash caused some kind of dimentional rift that I was sucked into. I teleported out of there and into your kitchen."

Blink smiles at the end of her introduction, a strange contentment filling her as she hears her own account of what transpired.

"Oh, and Erik? You know, Magneto. In my time, he was the father of your baby, and of course, our leader. When will he be here?" Hopeful excitment fill her eyes as she waits for Rogue's response.

bluezilgen
04-06-2005, 02:28 AM
Bobby blinked, wide eyed hearing the young womans explanation. He now held a half eaten sandwich in his hand, in something of a state of disbelief. Did she really just say Magneto? He thought to himself, this girl really was from another world wasn't she? That at least explained her presence here, from what Iceman understood, Blink was dead. Scratching his head with his free hand, he spoke, "Magneto? Coming here? Is he attacking? This is Professor Xavier's school after all, he's never really one to just come by for a friendly visit." Bobby stuffed some more of his sandwich in his mouth, this girl was out there.

BlazeAkira
04-06-2005, 10:40 PM
The events unfolded was astounding thought Magma. She sat in her chair, with one sandwhich in hand, about to take a bite when suddenly, the stranger known as Blink spoke up, asking about how it was possible for Rogue to be pregnant. In all honesty, Amara wondered the same question. She wasn't around when Rogue announced to the world that she was with child. The way Rogue's powers work and her not having control over them, it seemed hard for a woman like her to ever be pregnant, but of course, in the world of the X-Men, anything was possible.

Rogue was polite to answer Blink, asking the thought to be dead young girl to introduce herself. Surprisingly, it turns out that Blink isn't the girl we thought to have died during the Phalanx distress. This girl was a different Blink, from a different reality.

"My real name is Clarice Ferguson. I'm not totally sure how I got here but, from what I can tell, when we managed to destroy Apocolypse, the backlash caused some kind of dimentional rift that I was sucked into. I teleported out of there and into your kitchen."

Blink smiles at the end of her introduction, a strange contentment filling her as she hears her own account of what transpired.

"Oh, and Erik? You know, Magneto. In my time, he was the father of your baby, and of course, our leader. When will he be here?" Hopeful excitment fill her eyes as she waits for Rogue's response.

Amara put her sandwhich down and smiled back at the young girl. She knew that Blink must've been confused about the world she's in. "Clarice, I have to say that Bobby is right. In our world, Magneto is not the friendliest person anybody wants to meet. Unfortunately, he is one of the X-Men's greatest enemy and in some unusual circumstances, can be our greatest ally." spoke up Amara with a polite tone.

Magma wasn't sure how Blink will handle this world. For Amara, it was strange to hear Magneto being the father of Rogue's baby and even stranger to think Magneto was with the X-Men according to how things go in Clarice's world. In anycase, Amara felt it was right to introduce herself to the young girl, as Blink probably had no idea who she was. "By the way Clarice, my name is Amara. Most people around here also know me as Magma."

Rogue
04-08-2005, 01:40 AM
Rogue almost choked on her cracker when Calrice explained that Magneto was the father of her baby in an alternate reality.

"Ah don't see that evah happenin'." she said lowly, reaching for a glass of water to get the dryness out of her mouth.

"So how did ya'll get rid of Apocalypse?" Rogue wondered out loud. Funny how the man to bring Blink here also provided the means to Rogue's pregnancy. It seemed in both realities, contact with Apocalypse meant, either directly or not, a child for Rogue.

Funny, that.

Though at this point she was questioning whether she had, indeed, done the right thing in this reality.

She wheedled another cracker out of the package, beginning to feel just a little bit better.

The British Butterfly
04-09-2005, 01:49 AM
It was through casual observance that she came to hear some voices in the kitchen area. Identifying one right off as the Southern Belle herself, she decided to go further in to investigate. It felt like it had been an eternity since she had just sat around with people and traded the latest gossip on their fellow housemates. When did they have time? There seemed to be an endless supply of bad-guys to stop and world-ending plots to foul. Such was the reason that she hadn't gone straight to see the winged-man who had been occupying her thoughts as of late. The mission in Cairo, sadly she hadn't found out much about. She was slightly unhappy that she hadn't found out soon enough to go. It would have been good for her to stretch her muscles.

The Britisian Butterfly popped her head into the kitchen with a slight upturn of her lips. Noting the presence of everyone who occupied the space therein with those lilac colored eyes, the gaze came to rest upon Rogue. Taking in the sight of her ...pregnant self.

"So, my dear, you finally got yourself knocked up?" Of course, she didn't mean it in a derogatory way, a light sound of teasing being threaded through those neatly clipped words. She had no doubt who the father was. How could any of them? If Rogue had one...or more than one chance to...well, Betsy herself atleast knew who she would choose if she were Rogue.

Once her presense was announced, she came fully into the room. She wore a pair of designer jeans that hung low on her well shaped hips and clung nicely to the rest of her thighs, flaring out just a bit as they concluded. The vibrant blue sweater she wore had a swooping neckline, exposing her delicate collar bones and bringing out her olive tinged Asian skin with the sharp contrast in color. Her long legs were capped by sloping wedge sandals, making her already impressive height seem even more pronnounced. Silky lavender tresses were halfway swept away from her face in a loose clip.

mastashonuff
04-11-2005, 06:41 PM
"By the way Clarice, my name is Amara. Most people around here also know me as Magma."

"It's nice to meet you Amara," Blink began. She held back a strange sense of sadness when Rogue said that Magneto was not her baby's father. So much here was similar, but in very important ways somethings were very different.

Clarice reached for the tea that Nightcrawler had set in front of her. The aroma filled her lungs and managed to soothe her slightly. She took a hesitant sip of the herb spiced beverage and let out a slighly audible sigh. Her shoulders seemed to relax now, and a smile that had been absent for far too long graced her full lips.

"So how did ya'll get rid of Apocalypse?" Rogue wondered out loud.

"To be honest, I'm not totally sure it worked." Blink looked at Rogue beginning to wonder at the tone in her voice. When she said Apocolypse's name, there was something...

Blink continued, "There was to be a three pronged attack, one direct, another parallel, and a nuclear strike in conjunction with the flatsca..er, humans. Before I knew what had happened, I was caught in what brought me here." She took another long sip of the tea, feeling safe for the moment, and wondering if this would become her new home. Would she again be part of the Xmen, even if they were so different from the ones she knew? Indeed, could she live anywhere else?

The Britisian Butterfly popped her head into the kitchen with a slight upturn of her lips. Noting the presence of everyone who occupied the space therein with those lilac colored eyes, the gaze came to rest upon Rogue. Taking in the sight of her ...pregnant self.

"So, my dear, you finally got yourself knocked up?" Of course, she didn't mean it in a derogatory way, a light sound of teasing being threaded through those neatly clipped words. She had no doubt who the father was. How could any of them? If Rogue had one...or more than one chance to...well, Betsy herself atleast knew who she would choose if she were Rogue.

Blink looked over the new arrival, wondering how many there were living here.

bluezilgen
04-27-2005, 02:28 AM
Iceman snickered under his breath at Psylocke's comment to Rogue. Finally got herself knocked up, the woman couldn't even make contact with anyone last time he checked, frankly he had no idea how she was pregnant. Probably immaculate conception or something, knowing the Xavier mansion anything was possible. A mischievous look came across Iceman's face as he formed a snowball, lobbing it across the kitchen at Pslyocke, "What kinda hello is that Bets? Yah walk back in here like you own the place and all you can do is pick on poor Rogue here?" Bobby began to laugh, not serious in his attack on Betsy, but never one to pass up an opportunity to have a little fun.

Rogue
04-27-2005, 11:12 PM
"So, my dear, you finally got yourself knocked up?"

Psylocke entered the kitchen. Rogue felt herself go a little red, embarassed, and yes, a little bit annoyed at having to listen to the same thing over and over again.

She swung green eyes on Bobby; they weren't happy, either.

"A fine how do ya do too." she said to Betsy. It was bad enough everyone knew now...And she also knew they were wondering how.

Standing up, she brushed crumbs of cracker from the table and walked them over to the wastebasket. The pregnancy wasn't showing, yet, but it might as well have been--the ripples it was sending through the X-Men brotherhood.

The problem was--Rogue's feelings on the subject were constantly changing. She wasn't so sure she wanted this child...And then at other times, the maternal part of her tried to strain forth, and convince her otherwise. She felt she was going to go mad from the constant thinking shift in thought.

"Anyone else got somethin' ta say about mah condition 'fore Ah head ta sleep?" she asked.

The British Butterfly
04-28-2005, 03:53 AM
Casual. Eyes never leaving the skunk-haired mutant her hand dips down and plucks the snowball from the air as though he was throwing it to her instead of at her. Almost as though she knew it was coming. Of course, she did know. She wasn't a telepath for nothing. Fingers curled around the rapidly melting ice formation, droplets of water accumulated on the underside of her hand before getting too heavy and falling onto the linoleum. Flickering amusement-filled lavender orbs over in the direction of Bobby, Rogue was momentarily forgotten.

"Robert, luv. I am oh so sure that you wouldn't have been satisfied with anything less than a nice long hello-kiss. You should know by now this is as good as you're going to get with me." Her voice was teasing in its naturally sensual way. The heavy British accent only adding a further richness to the sound.

Just as casually as she caught it, she tossed it towards the sink, landing the ball perfectly in the drain. Right hand smoothed along her jeans idly, drying the remaining water off of it.

A fine how do ya do too." A carefully sculpted black brow was lofted at the woman's words. It was all she could do to bite back a retort about how keeping ones legs closed would solve many a problem. Of course, she didn't want to start things out on the wrong foot. That was never a good way to enter back into someone's life.

She studied the young woman a moment before speaking again. She hadn't decided yet how to feel about her fellow teammates impending addition. This definitly wasn't the Rogue that she knew. She leveled her stance, easing into one that bore more weight on both of her feet and pretty much advertinatly blocked the doorway from the Southern's escape. "You do not sound like the happy mother-to-be that I pictured."

Piercing eyes sought to lock onto emerald orbs. In her tone there was a tinge of concern, or perhaps, curiosity. Brooding was best saved for man-troubles. With something serious like a child one had to take on problems headfirst.

bluezilgen
04-28-2005, 05:10 AM
Bobby continued to chuckle to himself, winking at Psylocke. "I forgot how much fun it was to have you around the mansion Bets." Focusing his power ever so slightly he dried the remaining water from the woman's clothing. Messing with one of Betsy's outfits might land him on the wrong side of a psychic knife.

His concern quickly turned to Rogue however, she was far too solemn. He knew Rogue well, and while he had forced himself to respect her love for Gambit, he did indeed harbor some greater feelings for her. Nothing more now of course than strong friendship though.

She'd referred to her pregnancy as a condition, that was not the right way to look at something like pregnancy, especially when you were Rogue. Maybe the mission had simply overwhelmed her to a point of exhaustion, maybe she wanted a bit more privacy over the matter of her pregnancy. "No Rogue, you get some sleep." Bobby felt awful for Rogue, he almost wanted to go talk with her, but at this point she definitely needed to be alone.

Rogue
04-28-2005, 07:52 AM
A muscle in Rogue's cheek twitched when Psylocke unintentinally barred her way out of the kitchen. Right now, more than anything, Rogue wanted to get away from this situation and lay down in her room to a nice cry. Hormones or confusion...it didn't really matter at this point.

"You do not sound like the happy mother-to-be that I pictured."

Rogue knew what she wanted to respond with...But this was a team member she knew and loved, and she didn't want to escalate the already embarassing situation further into something that would cause an unecessary rift in the team.

Rogue's shoulder's slumped a little.

"Look," she said gently to Betsy. "Right now Ah don't need anyone saying anythin' rude. Ah love the father an' we did what was right for us an' what we've missed for years. But it'd be nice if someone talked to me about this like Ah was a person with feelings, y'know? Ah got more on mah mind than jus' bein' pregnant."

With that, Rogue pushed past Betsy easily, and made her way to the dormitories. She would avoid Gambit tonight.

She heard Bobby telling her to get some sleep. This, Rogue wouldn't count on.

BlazeAkira
04-28-2005, 09:52 AM
Betsy came in her usual seductive charm. Of course, Bobby took notice, while Amara felt a little awkward with Besty's way of saying hello. Honestly, Amara didn't expect to see the psychic ninja in the mansion. It has been quite some time since Amara actually saw Psylocke. Now that Betsy was around, Amara wasn't sure how to take her fellow teammate's charm.

Although awkward at the situation, Magma put back those feelings, watching as Psylocke make Rogue her next target of her charm. The difference was that Psylocke wasn't being as "playful" with Rogue as she was with Iceman. It was more straight forward, talking about Rogue's pregnancy. Obviously, Amara could see that Rogue didn't take too kindly to Betsy's comments. Just like Rogue, she spoke up her concern.

"Look," she said gently to Betsy. "Right now Ah don't need anyone saying anythin' rude. Ah love the father an' we did what was right for us an' what we've missed for years. But it'd be nice if someone talked to me about this like Ah was a person with feelings, y'know? Ah got more on mah mind than jus' bein' pregnant."

Rogue pushed aside Betsy, leaving the kitchen. Amara indeed felt bad for the southern woman and dissappointed with the words spoken by Iceman and Psylocke. Putting jokes aside, Amara was the first to express a question to her fellow teammates."I have to wonder. Has Rogue and the baby's father discussed how they will raise the child? I am just curious if they plan to raise the child in an environment that isn't...well, like the X-Men. We are always at constant danger that we are always away from the mansion. You know what I mean? The mansion has been in dangerous times before and who's to say it couldn't happen again." asked Magma with a polite tone and trying to focus things on a less joking side as Magma thought would put things into perspective.

The British Butterfly
04-28-2005, 04:04 PM
A light shrug was given at the Southern's reply. To Betsy, it was like she was running away from her problems, and that was definitly out of character for Rogue. If she were in the same situation, say, with a certain winged fellow. She didn't know what she would do. Betsy never saw herself as the mothering type. Never the type to have kids. Did she want some someday? Perhaps. But in this world that they lived in now she didn't know if bringing them up would be a cruel and selfish act on the parent's part. After all. No X-man can expect to just leave the life and start what they think is something normal. The child would most likely be a mutant. What then? Deny access to the one man that can help it grow in ways their parent's wouldn't be able to provide by themselves? Betsy decided, once you were here, you were here for life.

Again, she bit off a retort about condoms or birth control. Feeling that making the situation escalate was something unnecessary.

When Rogue came towards her, she would find that the Britisian would lean her body to the side, stepping into the kitchen in one fail swoop. Avoiding Rogue all together. But not in the way that she must be used to. Betsy knew the other woman by now, that her deadly skin would never be an accidental thing. Amara's words rang in her head and she gave a lengthy pause before acting interested in responding to them. After a few moments, her other teammates would know what she was doing. Making tea. A pot with hot water set out on the stove, as well as a cup with a single tea bag held limply in its depths.

While she waited for the water to boil, she turned to face the room once more. Slender curve of her bottom leaning against the edge of the counter, and arms crossing over her stomach as she spoke. "One would only hope that since the decision is irriversable, that they would have discussed such things, yes." Voicing her opinions on the duo's planning or lack thereof wasn't something that she would do right this moment. Her answer was noncommital at best, but gave the illusion of normalcy. "And..." She would add as an afterthought. "No one can really deny. You don't ever leave this life. You may take a vacation or a break. But you are an X-man for keeps." Violet eyes move inbetween the two as the words slip from her lips.

mastashonuff
04-28-2005, 08:18 PM
Blink's eyes scanned the assembly as each person spoke. There was so much going on here that she didn't quite understand. Undercurrents to every piece of dialog. She remembered what that was like, knowing her teammates that well, and she silently wondered if she would soon grow to feel that way with these Xmen.

Clarice sipped her tea and stared across her cup at the sultry Asian beauty who spoke strangely with a British accent. What did she hope to gain from speaking this way with her team? Blink didn't know for sure, but she knew she was one to keep an eye on.

rayd8er
05-07-2005, 05:23 PM
"An X-Man for life? This isn't the mafia, Bets..." Kurt sighed, he had hoped for his step-sister's sake that the conversation would have went a little smoother. The subtle body language between the members of his team were not lost on him. He noticed the way Rogue brushed Betsy as she passed, and also the clouded look on Amara's face as Psylock entered the room. What was going on?
Some things were just not his business.

"Our lives are on the line, every time we leave this mansion on a mission... but that is a decision each of us has to make alone.
Yes, it is a commitment, but no... its not irreversible. If each one of us didn't have that choice, then what would the X-men be? Something utterly sinister, I think. What a strange, alter reality that would be?! The X-Men, enslaved to the will of Herr Professor Xavier!"

Kurt laughed at the thought of Charles as an arch villain. Although he certainly had the power to chain their collective minds to his will, Charles was not the type. His devotion to the holistic development of both human and mutantkind, was one of the things that inspired devotion in those around him. It was this ideal people were willing to risk life and limb for....

"In all things, we have free will. But we are being rude to the beautiful mystery that has landed in our kitchen! We should attempt
to get her settled and hear her story without interruption. You say you TELEPORTED here?! Ach, wunderbar! And no smell? I am very interested! I too, can teleport.... but not without a certain side effect. I would demonstrate but people are still eating... although, I have become quite attached to the smell of sulfur. (Nein, I don't huff it or anything). Please, tell me more?"

Kurt turned toward Blink, who he hoped was not put off by the discussion of Rogue's pregnancy.