PDA

View Full Version : Return from Salem Center ((open))

Rogue
11-15-2004, 11:22 PM
Rogue set foot on ground gently, the winds around her tossing her hair up.

"S'all right, Sugah. We got ever'one outta there. Don't you worry 'bout nothin'." She finally responded to Gambit's pleas for the girl, after having been silent for a while.

She carried him to the front of the Mansion, and as gently as possible, lowered his feet to the ground. Keeping an arm wrapped around his torso to help stabilize him, she opened the door with the other. Nudging it open further with her booted foot, she reached down once more and lifted him into her arms.

At this point, Rogue had seen the blood on her uniform and gloves. She tried not to worry, but it felt as if Remy were burning up. She hurried in the softest way possible through the expanse of the home to the medlab, laying him on the nearest table.

Rogue knew basic first aid, but whatever she knew she was afraid it was too little to help Remy.

Grabbing towels from a counter, she pressed them against his side, trying to staunch the flow of blood.

((OOC, anyone's welcome who knows more about pulling bullets out than Rogue. :) ))

bluezilgen
11-23-2004, 12:47 AM
((Don't know much about bullets but i'll sure as hell come panic with you!))

Iceman quickly ice sledded over the mansion gates and touched down in front of the massive building following quickly behind the rest of the X-Men. Phoenix seemed to take Logan off somewhere on her own, and it was Rogue who really caught Bobby's attention as she burst through the mansion doors carrying a bleeding Gambit in her arms. Considering that wounded or not Bobby had also been shot, or at least he thought he'd been shot, he would probably find the med lab as a good place to establish himself as well.

Hurrying through the X-Mansion Bobby coat-tailed Rogue down into the mansions basement and into the infirmary, sliding through the door with great haste still completely in his ice form. When taking in the scene within the med lab Iceman let out a holler, "Rogue!"

Iceman watched as the female mutant struggled to stop Gambits bleeding with a few loose paper towels. Iceman walked over slowly observing the Cajun's condition, he was definitely breathing and seemed to be in some way shape or form conscious, which was a very good thing. But Rogue was right to try to stop this bleeding as once white paper towels were now drenched with syrupy red liquid. While Gambit was breathing it was completely possible that at any moment he could stop and slip into unconsciousness due to blood loss. Not being much of a physician himself Iceman was all but lost in a medical lab, but easily (Mostly because he'd worn one more than once in the past) identified a small oxygen tank with breathing mask attached. Shuffling over to the table above the injured mutant once again Iceman lift the mans head then with ease slid the mask over his mouth. "What else can we do for him? Is the bleeding stopping at all?"

Still remaining in his ice form part of Bobby Drake feared for his own health and safety. The bullet he'd taken through the chest had injured him in an all new way, for now he'd simply remain in his ice form. He would deal with his own seemingly less serious problem later.

Rachel Summers
11-25-2004, 01:06 PM
((OOC - hope no one minds if I pop in here.))

The young woman was a dead ringer for Jean in her teenage years, and hadn't arrived to the scene at Salem Center until nearly the end, using her powers to try and hold the flaming building together for as long as possible. Returning with the X-Men back to Xavier's mansion, the girl had seen Rogue carry Gambit down toward the medical lab.

She hadn't really thought all that much of it. As often as they defied death, it was easy to forget that they were mortal. Of course, it was just that kind of conceited superhuman thought that bred people like Magneto. But, it was just part of the job. Rachel had lost her parents, friends; yet the ease with which Excaliber or the X-Men played with danger made it easy to forget how fragile they were.

Something she was reminded as the teenage telepath began to sense a feeling of dispair and helplessness from below as she went to wash her face in one of the bathrooms. Drying her face as she glanced up into the mirror, Rachel saw the image of Rogue and Bobby standing over Remy body as he bled out.

She wondered briefly where Hank was, but there wasn't time to go looking for him. Exiting the bathroom, the girl made her way quickly down into the mansion, rushing to the med lab, but then pausing at the door.

After all this time away, she felt like she was an intruder here. And still so inexperienced on the depth of her powers, she wasn't clear on just what it was she had in mind. But she knew the Phoenix had healed her... it made sense that it could do the same to Gambit now. For some reason, it seemed in the back of her mind that she was aware that the Force wanted to heal him.

"Rogue, Bobby," she stated, shyly stepping through the doorway as her emerald eyes swept over each in turn before coming to rest on Gambit's bleeding fom. "If you don't mind... I think I can help him."

Pausing nervously, the girl waited for either of the two to respond.

Rogue
11-28-2004, 11:25 AM
Rogue looked up at Bobby, biting a lower lip. She shook her head in response to his question, not knowing herself how to proceed. She was grateful Bobby was there, however. They were indeed very good friends and his presence was a comfort.

It was a Godsend, then, when Rachel Summers appeared at the lab and asked if she could be of any assistance.

Rogue nodded immediately, relief washing over her. A telepathic/telekintic was very useful around the Mansion, and Rachel took so much after her mother, that Rogue wasn't worried in the least.

"Sure, darlin'...Ah'm grateful for anyone who knows more'n Ah do about this."

At least the blood had seemed to coagulate, but Remy's pale, drawn face etched itself into Rogue's mind, and worry flooded her once more. He was alternating between the warmth of a fever and chills. She was afraid that he was very sick, indeed.

Rogue moved away from Remy, allowing Rachel access.

bluezilgen
11-28-2004, 01:39 PM
"Please by all means do what you can," Bobby Drake quickly replied taking a step back from the injured X-Man on the table in front of him. Could this girls telepathy save the Cajun's life? Iceman never fully understood telepaths, their powers seemed more complicated than most other peoples, Iceman often wondered if he himself could withstand the strain of a telepathic mind. However one of the first mutants he'd ever met Jean Grey was a telepath, and this girl was in every sense of the word her daughter, he could trust her. Gambit's very survival could rest in this young girls hands in the understaffed Xavier Mansion.
Taking a deep breath Iceman winced slightly. His chest felt cold, colder than usual. Perhaps after everything was done with Gambit, Iceman would bring up his injury. Had anyone even seen it? The confused mutant shook his head rubbing a hand over his "injured" chest. In all the calamity he'd yet to revert to his "human" form, but now Iceman began to really wonder what would happen to where he'd been shot when he tried to change back. What was the true nature of his "Ice Form?" These were all questions Iceman was certain would be answered in time, and after the problem of a slowly dying Gambit was taken care of.

Rachel Summers
11-28-2004, 05:33 PM
"Sure, darlin'...Ah'm grateful for anyone who knows more'n Ah do about this."

The girl smiled fainly, meekly meeting Rogue and Bobby's eyes for a moment as she stepped into the room. She wasn't sure just what she was going to do. She may look like her mother but... she wasn't Jean Grey.

No matter how hard she tried to be.

As the two X-Men stepped away from the med lab table, where Gambit lay in need of attention, she became even more uncertain of herself. There was still so much about her power that she didn't understand, couldn't control... she was still so untrained.

Just breathe, she whispered to herself, stretching out a hand toward Gambit's pale, prone body as her left eye began to flare. The air between the young woman and the table seemed to shimmer.

It was subtle at first, but a flicker began to appear at her outstretched fingertips, slowly spreading until her entire arm was engulfed in the fire of the universe, the flames reaching out for Remy's body even as they seemed to consume Rachel's as she continued to advance toward the table.

She paused, just a few inches from Gambit's body. No doubt the sight was rather bizarre, even by X-Men standards. If either of them protested, she wouldn't continue. The X-Men knew the Phoenix as pure, destructive energy. They'd never seen the real power, derived from the life force of the galaxy and every living being in it. She knew it could heal him, or... she thought it could.

But if Rogue was to tell her to get the hell out now, she wouldn't question that either.

BlazeAkira
12-05-2004, 09:00 PM
After a dangerous and hot mission, Magma returned home with the X-Men. Everyone went their own way and she hasn't seen Bobby Drake since the return to the mansion. Once arriving home, she quickly ducked into a bathroom where she looked at herself in the mirror. Her hair was tussled somewhat, black dust covered parts of her face and body, and she noticed she wasn't smiling. Grapping some of the toilet paper near by, Amara wets it down to whipe her face of the black dust. The cool paper was a good feeling as she felt hot from the fiery mission.

Clearing her face of the black dust, she heard a booming noise near by as she opened the door to see Rogue carrying Gambit and Bobby to help her. When they entered the infirmary, Amara saw Rachel Summers join in to help their fallen comrade. Not sure if she could be much help, Amara headed towards the infirmary where she noticed Rachel using her abilities to help Gambit.

Gently stepping in the room, removing some strands of her golden locks from her face, Amara watched in fascination, seeing the powers of the Phoenix at work. In all honesty, Amara somewhat felt uneasy with Rachel using those abilities. The phoenix force is destructive and proved to be a heavy obstacle for the X-Men before. There was no telling if one day, the phoenix force could be destructive once again. Thats a thought that Amara dreads.

Amara slowly walks up to stand beside Bobby maybe startling him and she leaned over to whisper to him. "Is there anything I can do to help?" she asked.

((OOC: About time I've been able to post. Final Exams can be hectic. I hope no one minds Amara's presence in this thread. Peace.))

delmontoon
12-06-2004, 12:12 AM
Japheth walked through the mansion, looking about at the old yet familiar surroundings. He finally felt like he was home.

Eany and Meany sat atop his shoulders, glancing about and hissing apprehensively.

"Ag, gals, yer right. Other than the young ones and the Prof at the front door, this place is desolate. Must be on one o' them secret missions I used to oh so enjoy. But I know just where ta look when I wanna find some action, other than the ladies locker room."

Eany hissed quizzically.

"No, dear...the med lab. Always an injured maat down there."

------------------------------------------------------------

As Japheth entered the med lab, his hunch was confirmed. There on the table, he saw Gambit bleeding from an obvious gun shot wound. He was surrounded by Rogue, who was obviously worried, his old friend Iceman and someone who looked an awful lot like Jean Grey, but Japheth got the feeling it wasn't really her.

He walked briskly to the table, standing next to a very attractive blonde whom he did not know. He looked down at her and whispered, "Hello, luv...name's Maggott."

He glanced at Iceman and Rogue and nodded politely. There would be time for reunions later. He was obviously concerned for Gambit, but was unsure of what he could do to help. It was times like this he wished he had powers that were a bit more useful.

He watched the Jean Grey-looking woman standing over Gambit, attempting to do something. It looked to Maggott to be the Phoenix Force at work, and that made him very uneasy indeed. Though he had never seen it at work, he had heard the stories of its destructive power.

Eany and Meany flopped onto the floor and slithered quickly over to the far side of the room, under an empty bed, hissing madly.

Maggott paid them no mind and stood patiently, arms folded, waiting for an opportunity to assist if needed.

Rogue
01-27-2005, 10:49 PM
Rogue was silent. She let the girl advance on Remy, hoping to heal with her power.

Rogue didn't have any say in any case; legally, Rogue and Remy were not married. Her stomach churned briefly at that thought. It was bad enough she was pregnant and the thought scared her witless--but marriage to a man who didn't even know her real name? Marriage, to a man she knew next to little about, other than his present-day facade?

No, she would not stop Rachel. And she would stop thinking about the future, or she would bolt from the room this very instant, and not look back.

Remy lay prone, his body seeping blood despite the efforts that Rogue and Bobby had thrown at the wound. At least the flow of blood had slowed, but his breathing was shallow at best, and his skin was clammy, his face pale for a Cajun. He made no movement at Rachel's advance. He did not indicate any conscious frame of mind that would allow him to acknowledge her.

Rogue turned away and put a hand on Bobby's icy shoulder. It seemed to her, as well, through the present stresses, that Bobby himself seemed to be holding something back.

"Ya'll right there, Sugah?" she whispered. "Ya haven't changed back yet."

bluezilgen
01-28-2005, 06:01 AM
Wrapping an icy arm of comfort around Rogue, Bobby let out a heavy sigh. "No, I haven't changed back." He looked away from the sight of the ill looking cajun, hoping that at least for Rogue's sake that Rachel could heal him. Fixing his gaze on nothing, Bobby exhaled another icy breath before he spoke again, "Rogue... I got shot, and it's not like normal. The bullet went right through me and I didn't feel anything more than the force of the shot." Turning now to look into her eyes he continued to speak, "I don't really know what it means... it just feels really cold in my chest right now." Shaking his head he almost regretted airing his problem when Gambit lay on the table fighting for his life. "I'm sure it will be okay though, you know?" Bobby doubted anything he said would convince anyone he really thought what had happened was normal.

Rachel Summers
01-28-2005, 05:34 PM
Rachel's body seemed to black out, a red aura surrounding her figure as a falcon-shaped burst of light seemed to radiate from her left eye... rather identical in that respect to the light that shone from the same eye in her brother, Nathan, whenever he used his own mutant abilities. Holding out her arms, the aura of focused, universal energies washed over Gambit, picking up bits of torn cloth and shards of lead shot and pulling them up and away from his body.

This was something she'd never done before, using telekinesis to try and mend the body, knitting severed and punctured flesh back together. The Phoenix Force had done the same to her before, though, so she knew if she could only tap into it's healing properties that it could guide her through what she needed to do to save Gambit's life. She couldn't help but wish that her mother was here...

In fact, where was mother, the girl wondered. She had lost track of Jean when they'd returned here and she'd just now realized that fact. She would have thought that Jean would have been one of the first one's down here in the med lab, come to think of it. But then, this Jean wasn't exactly the same as the old one... which was exactly why Rachel instantly regretted having lost track of her.

It couldn't be helped, here was where she needed to be, it seemed; though she couldn't help the thought that her mother would have known a whole heck of a lot more about what she was doing than she did. Of course, thoughts like that one weren't helping either.

The Phoenix effect seemed to fade after a moment, Rachel's eye still holding the eerie, tell-tale glow that so strongly resembled the trademark of her younger/older brother, as she looked over at Rogue and Bobby. "That's the best I can do," she told them all plainly. Glancing around, she realized that she seemed to have picked up an audience.

"I can sense his mind. He's resting comfortably," she added, hoping to assure Rogue as the red-haired girl tried to muster a smile for the women. Gesturing to the flat, medical bed that she knew from experience wasn't exactly the height of comfort, she added, "Want me to move him up to his room?"

BlazeAkira
01-29-2005, 02:21 AM
Magma watched Rachel attempt to save Gambit's life, using her gifted abilities of the phoenix force. The powers displayed were somewhat of a scare to Amara. Just the idea of the phoenix force was enough to make people remember the time of the Dark Phoenix and the capabilities it has to possibly destroy every life on earth. As Rachel's powers continued to help Gambit's wounds, Amara was suddenly distracted by the pressence of a new mutant. The tall man carried with him two slugs and he leanded towards Amara asking her a question.

"Hello, luv...name's Maggott." said the stranger. Amara replied with a soft spoken whisper, "I'm Magma." Glancing at Iceman, Amara saw him hold a distraught Rogue. She noticed something wrong about Bobby as he responded to the red head. Rachel then spoke, taking Amara's curious mind off the situation of Bobby.

"That's the best I can do," she told them all plainly. Glancing around, she realized that she seemed to have picked up an audience.

"I can sense his mind. He's resting comfortably," she added, hoping to assure Rogue as the red-haired girl tried to muster a smile for the women. Gesturing to the flat, medical bed that she knew from experience wasn't exactly the height of comfort, she added, "Want me to move him up to his room?"

Amara removed a couple strands of hair from her face, slowly walking up towards Gambit's body. Looking down at poor soul, Amara saw the wound that Rachel marvelously patched up. She looked up at Rachel. "Thats a great job, Rachel. Are you sure he will be fine?" asked the blonde beauty.

Rachel Summers
01-30-2005, 10:53 AM
"That's a great job, Rachel," the fiery, young mutant heard a quiet voice say with a faint, Mediterrean accent. Looking up, Rachel saw Amara walking toward the table where Gambit was now resting. "Are you sure he will be fine?"

"Barring any more run-in's with a shotgun, yeah, he will," the red-headed telekinetic answered with a wry smile. As nice as that thought sounded, none of the X-Men were very good at avoiding trouble and experts at finding it.

"But, he probably shouldn't go chasing trouble for a day or two," she added, looking up at Rogue, still waiting to see if the impervious and impregnated mutant wanted her to move the X-Men's own ragin' cajun up to his room. Or Rogue's own even.

Rogue
01-30-2005, 11:11 PM
"Rogue... I got shot, and it's not like normal. The bullet went right through me and I didn't feel anything more than the force of the shot."

"I don't really know what it means... it just feels really cold in my chest right now."

"I'm sure it will be okay though, you know?"

Rogue's eyes narrowed as Bobby spoke. "Ah don't know, Bobby, Ah mean, if you're scared ta turn back..."

Rachel was asking her something.

"Uh, yeah, I s'pose he should be taken to his room. Probably more comfortable theah. Thank you, Rachel. I appreciate it, Ah really do. Ah'll take 'im. If ya evah need anything, don't hesitate to ask me."

Rogue really did look relieved. There was not much more she could do. She left her last collar down in the ready room, in her locker, so she couldn't touch him with her own hands or lips. She left the safety of Bobby's arm and appraoched Gambit. He looked peaceful enough, and Rogue trusted the word of Jean's daughter.

Picking him up, she moved towards the door.

"One more favah, Rachel, if ya don't mind? Can ya look at Bobby too?"

BlazeAkira
01-31-2005, 04:19 AM
"Barring any more run-in's with a shotgun, yeah, he will," the red-headed telekinetic answered with a wry smile. As nice as that thought sounded, none of the X-Men were very good at avoiding trouble and experts at finding it.

"But, he probably shouldn't go chasing trouble for a day or two," she added, looking up at Rogue, still waiting to see if the impervious and impregnated mutant wanted her to move the X-Men's own ragin' cajun up to his room. Or Rogue's own even.

Amara agreed with a nod of her head at Rachel that Gambit will need the rest to heal. He was sure to feel the effects of his wounds when he wakes up. Glancing back at Rogue and Bobby, Rogue seemed concern for the iced mutant. She left the arms of Iceman to tend to Gambit, slowly picking the cajun into her arms. Upon stopping at the door with Gambit in toe, Rogue told Rachel to check on Bobby.

Surprised, Amara saw Iceman looking ever so different. Ever since returning to the mansion from the mission of saving other mutants out of a burning building, Amara noticed Bobby hasn't been the same. He wasn't as cheerful or sarcastic as he usually can be. He wasn't in his normal human form. Not sure whats going on or be of any help, she stood next to Bobby, putting a hand on his cool shoulder. "Bobby, what happened back at the mission? Did something happen to you? Are you hurt?" Amara asked with a faint brazilian accent in a worrysome manner. After asking what seemed like a twenty question game, Magma wondered why she could be so worried for Bobby. What was there about Bobby that made her care so much? Nah...she couldn't have a...for Bobby? Nah!

Rachel Summers
01-31-2005, 12:44 PM
The young woman merely managed a weak smile, inclining her head as she ran a slender hand through her short, crimson lockes of hair as she watched Rogue move to take charge of Gambit. Normally Rachel would have protested that she be allowed to T.K. the full-sized adult male up to his room, rather than leaving Rogue to shoulder the burden herself, but...

There was no around it, she was worn out. While telekinesis was a matter of imagination and will, still the determination and effort to mend Gambit's body like she had done had put a drain on her still recovering psyche and body. She wasn't sure what sounded better at the moment; a nice, long, hot bath... taking a long nap in a warm bed... or taking off and just drifting in a sea of stars, like she'd been when she'd awoken on the moon after escaping the sentinel attack from before.

That wasn't something she did often... it was wierd. Yet, somehow, space felt almost like home to her. It made sense, she supposed, when you considered that she was a host for the universal Phoenix Force. Maybe one day, she'd do that. Take off to the heavens, point herself at a dot of light and just sail... see what was out there.

Or more likely not. The denizens of the cosmos probably wouldn't take too kindly to a red-headed human sporting a plume of flaming feathers. Not after what mother, or rather, not after what Dark Phoenix had done to scar the galaxy.

Still, it was nice to dream.

Rogue's voice interrupted her musings, drawing the girl's sharp, emerald eyes up to where Bobby Drake was standing in the room. He was still in his Iceman form, and she didn't need telepathy to tell her that something was bothering him. Drawn by Rogue's comment, Amara had spoken up as well.

"Bobby, what happened back at the mission? Did something happen to you? Are you hurt?"

Standing casually, one arm held behind her back, Rachel casually looked the icy figure up and down. He was definately missing some of his... Bobbyness... for lack of a better term, though her eyes couldn't find anything wrong with him. A little touch of telepathy didn't really reveal much either, other than his dwelling on a gun shot... But if there was a GSW to be found anywhere on his chest, she couldn't find anything. It was the first time she'd even heard about him being able to use his ice powers to patch a hole in himself, though... and apparently it was as much news to her as it was to him.

That certainly explained the anxiety.

"Maybe we should see if Hank is around," she said in a level, but wearied tone. "Or even my mother. I... I don't have the slightest idea how to even begin helping you."

"Or maybe even... contact Dr. MacTaggart," she added, a little lost at what any of them were going to do for the fellow X-Man.

bluezilgen
02-01-2005, 05:32 AM
Nodding his head a few times Iceman took in everything his teammates had to say. When Rachel offered no explanation or answer to his dilemma he showed no surprise. He also doubted she'd entirely heard him explain his situation. Taking a deep breath Bobby tried to explain what had happened.

"Back at the mission ... as we were leaving I took a bullet through the chest." Bobby pointed a chilly finger to the upper left part of his chest. "Being an X-Man I'm of course no stranger to being shot, it's of course happened before. The only problem is that usually when i'm shot it's like a person being shot. However this time it was like a block of ice had just taken a bullet, there wasn't any human ... the bullet just went through." Taking a deep breath Bobby looked down a bit, "Now it's just cold ... and I don't know what exactly will happen should I turn back to my human form. I don't know if anyone will know."

Looking up to Rachel again he thought of the magnificent power of the phoenix, and all that he'd seen it create, heal, and destroy in the past. It's knowledge was vast and infinite, and for the most part Bobby would simply acknowledge the fact it was something he'd never understand. But if there was one thing he knew about the phoenix, or phoenix's, was that they could do a whole hell of a lot. "Rachel do you think it's possible for you to maybe... see if i'm still all there?" A quirky, somewhat embarrassed look came over Iceman's face as he asked this question.

Rachel Summers
02-01-2005, 10:43 AM
"Rachel do you think it's possible for you to maybe... see if i'm still all there?"

The smile as Bobby Drake had asked the question of the young red-head was almost comforting, a sign of his usual self as he offered himself up for inspection. The girl stepped toward him, nearly hesitating as she did so. She wasn't all too clear on just what he was asking her to confirm for him.... or even just what she'd be looking for.

Slowly, she reached a hand out toward him, part of her hoping that he'd pull away, as her eye began to glow with it's characteristic burst of energy as she began to draw upon her Phoenix abilities for a second time. If Bobby permitted her to touch his forehead, then he would feel a warm sensation running over him as the Phoenix Force would wash over him much like a psychokinetic X-ray.

((I'll leave this open ended so you can decide how the scene works and what, if anything, Rachel is able to detect, Blue))

bluezilgen
02-08-2005, 11:19 PM
((Sorry I've been bogged down with school junk lately))

As the phoenix's power phased over his chest, Bobby felt a shiver go down his spine. The force's power was truly immense, and he could feel that in just receiving an X-Ray from Rachel. The X-Ray however had nothing good to show, just below Bobby's collar bone on the right side of his chest there was a dark spot. About the size of the bullet, this was clearly where Bobby had been shot, and it was clearly 100% ice, where as the rest of his body still held a full set of muscles, bones and organs.

It was now clear what was there, and what wasn't. But could the Iceman "change back" completely, and if he did would his wound be healed? Deciding enough was enough, Iceman shifted back to his human form. Rapidly at first and then slowly as his ice began to approach the wound in his chest. Bobby let out a grunt, balls of sweat forming on his forehead as he tried his hardest to 'revert' to his natural form. Trying his best, Bobby suddenly felt something of a snap in his chest. Looking down at his still X-Rayed form, Bobby saw that his chest was once again natural. There appeared to be no damage to him, and somehow this whole debacle had saved his life. But what did this mean for him and his powers.

Now noticeably fatigued, Bobby sat down on the counter behind him, looking down to the floor appearing bewildered by what had happened. Looking up up to Rachel he smiled, "Thanks a lot Ray."

Rachel Summers
02-11-2005, 11:52 AM
Letting out a slow breath, Rachel tried to relax her wearied body. She'd tapped into the Phoenix now three or four times, not counting the fact that she'd woken up on the moon today, still recovering from the sentinel fight at the carnival grounds. Emerald eyes moving over the Iceman, the young, red-haired mutant held her breath, picking up on Bobby's anxieties as he began the transformation to his human form, watching on pins and needles in anticipation and just hoping she was ready in case something went wrong.

Blinking her eyes as the man who would be Robert Drake popped back into the flesh, unharmed, she could only smile in relief, with no real words to offer. At his expression of gratitude, she could only nod her head sheepishly, quite certain that she hadn't actually done anything. But if it made him feel better, then perhaps doing nothing was still well worth it.

"You should get some sleep," she stated, thinking the same probably held true for herself. Slipping away, she headed for the door of the medlab and out into the hallways running underneath the mansion.

bluezilgen
02-15-2005, 10:15 PM
Bobby agreed with Rachel, it had been a very long day and a little well earned rest and relaxation wasn't a bad idea. However there were still some matters that needed settling, moving his gaze to Amara's he grinned, "Never a show day huh? I'm going to head up to my room and take it easy for a while, what will you do?" Whether it was going to be catching up with Amara after everything that had happened, or a long hot shower, Iceman needed a way to warm his chilly heart.

delmontoon
02-17-2005, 12:29 AM
((OOC: POST PENDING REAPPLICATION OF CHARACTER. -- NickSeiler))

BlazeAkira
02-23-2005, 11:12 AM
Bobby agreed with Rachel, it had been a very long day and a little well earned rest and relaxation wasn't a bad idea. However there were still some matters that needed settling, moving his gaze to Amara's he grinned, "Never a show day huh? I'm going to head up to my room and take it easy for a while, what will you do?" Whether it was going to be catching up with Amara after everything that had happened, or a long hot shower, Iceman needed a way to warm his chilly heart.

Amara watched Rachel work her magic, healing the wound that possibly put Bobby in risk of losing his life. After seeing Rachel finish her work, she then left the room, leaving behind Amara and Bobby alone. Bobby turned back into his human form and looked over his blonde teammate. He asked Amara what will she do now. There were many possibilities. For starters, she wanted to take a shower after the mission of saving lives and then seeing her icy teammate be healed. It has become quite a day. She glanced back at Bobby and had an answer. "You know, I don't know what I'm going to do. I guess if you want, we could clean up, meet each other in the kitchen and grab something to eat. If memory serves me right, we didn't get to eat our lunch earlier."

bluezilgen
03-01-2005, 02:50 AM
Iceman nodded with a smile at Amara, they hadn't gotten their lunch earlier of course being interrupted by the hectic life of the X-Men. "Alright," he said, "let's go our separate ways and then meet down in the kitchen? I don't know about you but I think i'll stick to the mansion grounds for the night." Bobby began to walk away, but stopped again in the doorway turning to Amara again, "Wanna meet up in an hour or so?"

BlazeAkira
03-03-2005, 08:06 AM
Iceman nodded with a smile at Amara, they hadn't gotten their lunch earlier of course being interrupted by the hectic life of the X-Men. "Alright," he said, "let's go our separate ways and then meet down in the kitchen? I don't know about you but I think i'll stick to the mansion grounds for the night." Bobby began to walk away, but stopped again in the doorway turning to Amara again, "Wanna meet up in an hour or so?"

Iceman was a different guy now. He was happy to be healed and knowing full well that he will live for another day. Of course, Amara was very pleased to know that Bobby will be fine. When she asked about meeting up later for dinner, Bobby must've been thinking the same thing, offering that it would be a good idea to stay on mansion grounds. Amara couldn't agree more! Asked if she wants to meet up in an hour, Amara smiled and nodded. "You know I would love to. In all honesty, I am quite hungry..." Amara paused for a moment and then looked at herself to see the dirt that smoke had left on her. "And I'm very dirty. I'll see you in an hour Bobby." said the blonde mutant.

Although Amara was cool on the outside, she was excited on the inside. For whatever reason, she was giddy and felt like butterflys were taking over her stomach. Not wanting to let Bobby see how happy she was, she shook off the feeling and slowly walked passed Bobby at the entrance way. She nodded with a smile and continued on her path to the upstairs of the mansion.

bluezilgen
03-08-2005, 11:31 PM
Bobby gave Amara a final smile before exiting the medic lab, heading for the basement elevator. As Bobby walked through the metallic basement he ran a hand over his chest. Something new, something strange had happened to him today, what did it mean? Maybe it was some kind of blessing in disguise, Bobby was somewhat excited, but also somewhat afraid of 'testing' this new power any further.

As he reached the elevator he hit the up button, within a few moments he heard the familiar hum of the elevator arriving. There was a ding and the doors slid open, Bobby stepped inside of the elevator, taking it up to his room. Within a few moments the elevator had taken Bobby to his destination, he stepped out and headed down the wood paneled hallway to his room. Keying into his room Bobby stripped out of his torn sweaty close, exchanging them for a towel. Bobby grabbed some shampoo and soap, heading out of his room again and shower. A warm shower would feel fantastic, it had been a very cold day.

bluezilgen
03-14-2005, 08:19 AM
((OOC: Heading into the Southern Comfort thread))