PDA

View Full Version : Havok's training exercise



uber morlock
10-09-2003, 06:54 PM
Alex hadn't even settled in at Falls Edge yet and already he was going to work. From the clinical glow of the corridor he stepped into a dim store room smelling of old solder and machine parts.

Reaching round the corner Alex adjusted the light switch and after a few moments the strip lights on the shelves blinked on. The small room was packed to the cieling with Forge's gubbins and creations.

Spending a few moments searching amongst the gadgets, Alex discovered a number of items resembling small black disks. On inspection he realised these to be motion sensors that broadcast their information to a handheld remote unit. The readout registered in turn, how far Alex was from each sensor.

Satisfied with his discovery Alex collected the units and closed the store room door behind him.

Outside the complex the light was still grey, and the rushing waterfall swept the gravel bay with a fine vapour. The rocky hill continued to span upward away from Falls Edge.

After a prolonged pause to gaze at the view, Alex began to place the small black sensors out of sight, around the parking bay and at the different enterances to the facility, configuring each one to broadcast their readings if motion appeared within a few yards.

Just to test that everything was in working order Alex waited for the others to arrive.

Weapon XII
10-12-2003, 08:46 PM
The clanging of Kane's feet on the ground was heard as Kane made his way and stood next to Alex looking out towards the waterfall.

Kane: "Ready to go Havok."

Kane spoke with his deep strong voice as he waited to begin training.

uber morlock
10-13-2003, 07:20 PM
The readout on the remote registered motion near the sensors, the gadgets seemed to be working fine. Alex looked up as the machine-man approached.
Being called by his codename, Havok, seemed odd after a few months down time but it seemed recently to have regained its original meaning. Trask problably even decided on the name as a put down.

At least this guy seems up to the task of being in a government strike force, though he wasn't exactly the usual fare.
"Is it just you? I'll have to come up with a change in the plan. Perhaps it may have been better to let everyone settle in first before running them ragged."
Alex shot a quizzical glance towards the guy. "You seem to know the score around here, you've been transfered from Canada but not from Alpha Flight I presume?"

Sunspot
10-18-2003, 06:16 AM
Roberto wasn't the one who was very out-spoken during the meeting in the office. He kept quite. However, he was pumped to be doing a training simulation. He hadn't had any action for a while (besides the thing with Caliban). He was ready to get in and show off some skills.

He walked up to where Alex and Kane were. "So, when does this thing start? I'm ready to show off some skill!" Roberto was always the cocky one. He was pretty damn vain about himself. It would pay off sometime to be confident, however, he would make an ass out of himself if he was over confident.

Ronin
10-18-2003, 07:39 AM
Brian walked out to the training area where Kane and and Roberto or Sunspot, he seemed rather eager to go, "Lets see whats this place can do then Agent Summers" he said, acknowledging Havoc's new rank as a goverment agent and not sure if he wanted to be called by his codename.

Pulling out his gun he debated leaving it outside the training area, his powers were rather offensive on their own and they weren't suppose to mortally wound each other in this exercise, holstering the gun and unbuckling the holster, Brian threw the holster and gun towards Havok on the perimete. A second later a ruby coloured bubble enclosed it in mid air and carried them the rest of the way, settling out of the way of the training area, turning back to the rest of the team, Brian waited for the exercise to start.

uber morlock
10-20-2003, 02:06 PM
Alex looked over his shoulder at Roberto and the recent arrival as they approached from across the parking bay.

"Glad you could make it, are there any others? Well we can wait a few minuets before starting."
He held aloft the monitoring unit for the motion sensors. "As you can see the defending team have a little help if they want it. One team will have the job of finding and apprehending the second team before they re-enter the facility. So we're looking for teamwork and refinement of power's should it come to it, in other words I still need the team members at the end of the day so don't get all insecure and feel the need to show off. Understood?"

Havok paused at his own words.That was rich Alex, coming from the guy who can't even gain control over his own power.

Sunspot
10-23-2003, 05:39 AM
Roberto, feeling a bit sarcastic stands up straight and salutes Alex. "Aye aye Cap'em!" He then yawns and waits for others to come and join in the fun that is about to begin.

He needs something of a release, especially since he damn near killed Marrow! Hopefully the gears will start moving soon...

TMR74
10-24-2003, 04:27 AM
"Team work, Summers?!" Kyle questioned as he came up from behind the group. The expression on his face said it all, he was upset and didn't want to talk about it. The meeting he had been waiting for with Cooper, was cut far too short and that didn't make him too happy. "Let's get the show on the road, I have the need to break something."

Ronin
10-24-2003, 10:49 AM
Brian waited for his team mates too turn up and listened to Havok's instructions, basically don't break anything that can't be fixed quickly afterwards, sensible considering the powers of the team, it wouldn't hinder Brian much, he could use his powers lethally or non lethally at will, he'd just have to not shoot anyone, whuich he wasn't going to do anyway. Kyle turned up looked genuinely pissed off and impatiently tried to speed up the proceedings, Great TWO people who want to cause serious damage, this should be fun Brian thought to himself, mentall weighing up which team to go on.

uber morlock
10-24-2003, 05:58 PM
Alex was well aware of the tension, he just have to run with it, for the most part he had little idea of his team mates abilities.

"Well as patience is a virtue best kept we had better get started.
The teams are as follows, Kane and myself will be trying to reach the facility, the rest of you must stop us. Ten minutes after we head towards our starting positions the exercise begins. It's up to you if you hunt or defend or whatever. Right?"

TMR74
10-25-2003, 11:01 PM
"No limitations, Summers?" Kyle asked as a sadistic smile crossed his face, which showed off his sharp teeth or better yet fangs. He then glanced over at Kane and had to wipe away the drool from the side of his face as he then began to move towards the staging area. "I just hope X-Factor has a good health care package, cause I figure somebody's going to need it."

uber morlock
10-27-2003, 04:31 PM
"Why Kyle are you planning on eviscerating the team? Or worrying you'll get your arse handed back to you in a paper bag. Just try keep it under control I don't want to see any truck driver complaining about a missing vehicle this time."

Alex turned and begun to make his way towards the woods above the Falls Edge facility. "Are you ready Kane? Let's get this underway."

TMR74
10-29-2003, 05:46 AM
"If that's what it takes..." Kyle replied as he suddenly was hit with a sharp pain in his right knee, he paused for a moment and then continued in an attempt to hide it from the others. Almost as soon as the pain made its presence known, it was gone and at least for a while he wouldn't give it another thought. "...but I doubt I'm going to need a tanker truck to handle the TIN MAN this time around."

Ronin
10-29-2003, 09:58 AM
"Sounds good to me" Brian confirmed to Alex, sounded simple enough, keep the other team from gaining entrance, a good choice for warming up and ecouraging team work. Following Kyle at a distance, glad that the feral was on his side, those claws looked very effective, "So team any ideas on a strategy?" he asked the members of his team.

ArcangelJR
10-30-2003, 07:37 PM
Jamie came from what appeared no where and spoke out loud in his old uniform "Well for starters in the field remeber to refer to everyone by their code name. It is easier that way. Second the plan well I usually have to know what we are up against to determine that."

uber morlock
10-31-2003, 03:07 PM
Alex heard Jamies voice and smiled to himself, this will make the training interesting.
"Jamie you're with me and Kane."

Havok meandered up the hillside between rocks and tall trees, the noise of the rushing waterfall dwindled way below him as he left the gravel bay behind.
He'd given his team ten minutes to get to their starting positions before the training began, and he'd soon realise if this exercise would prove impractical.

The mountain leveled out for a span and the forest gave egress to a view of the valley. A dull grey scar littered with the shacks and workings from the coal field could be seen about five miles away.

Alex glanced at his watch there were a few minutes to go yet.


((OOC: Are you guys waiting for me?))

ArcangelJR
11-04-2003, 10:02 PM
Jamie stretched out a little. He was jogging in place slightly and looked around "Whats the objective or is this a mystery mission?"

OOC: Sorry I was hoping Kane would post first.

uber morlock
11-05-2003, 03:22 PM
Alex looked up from the watch and turned to Jamie.

"Having just walked all the way up here, we have to get back to the facility without being caught. I can see you'll breeze through this training exercise. The more of us there are the funnier the looks on their faces." Alex laughed.

With a final look at the watch he saw the second hand drawing to a close the final minutes.
"It's almost time. Jamie if you could get your dupes to form some decoys we could use that distraction to slip pass while their busy."

He'd just given the orders without thinking how Jamie felt about using his dupes in such a single minded way.


((OOC: Unless we get a post for Kane we'll just have to leave him out for now, I'm not sure if he's active.))

Ronin
11-05-2003, 04:46 PM
OOC: I was waiting for a response to the planning question, but I guess I could wing it if Kyle and Roberto's players are busy.

ArcangelJR
11-05-2003, 10:23 PM
Jamie laughed a little "Yay this will be to easy for me." He popped out 15 duplicates and the one that created them ran off as well while one stayed behind. The decoys were running randomly and the one staying behind spoke quitley "Ok lets go." He began to run towards the objective looking for possible traps and attack.

TMR74
11-13-2003, 12:22 AM
"Just cause we're all on the same team doesn't mean we need to pull our punches." Kyle said as he gave a quick glance back at the others, but kept on walking on his own. "I say we deal with the BOSS first and then hit the others."

Ronin
11-13-2003, 04:43 PM
<<"Just cause we're all on the same team doesn't mean we need to pull our punches." Kyle said as he gave a quick glance back at the others, but kept on walking on his own. "I say we deal with the BOSS first and then hit the others.">>

"Agreed, within reason, we do a leader capable of functioning, but taking out the leader of the team is a good idea, he has the most offensive powers on the team, but how are we going to deal with Jamie's duplicates? Even if we take out the original, or whatever" Brian was briefly confused by the explanation of the Jamie he'd met on arrival at the base. "The others are still capable of duplicating up to fifteen copies" he said, frowning, he didn't doubt his team mates could take out Jamie's duplicates but 15 constantly duplicating? The odds said at least one of them had to get through and that would turn into 15, achieving his teams goal.

uber morlock
11-13-2003, 06:01 PM
Alex followed slightly behind the Jamie that had held back before advancing. He paused a moment to direct Kane, there was no-one in sight, taking precious more moments to scan the hillside, Havok felt slightly irritated, where had he vanished to? Nice start Alexander some team.

He turned back and could make out one of the Madroxes slipping out of view amongst the trees. Skipping down over the rugged ground Alex made his way along the v-shape of a shallow dried up valley stream.
His path finished at the edge of a rocky incline that dropped suddenly toward the main water fall. The noise of the fray below drowned out the other forest sounds. From here he had a good view of the gravel parking bay surrounding the facility, roughly a steep fifty feet down. Alex kept himself low as not to be seen.

"If only I could trust my powers I could probably launch myself there." In continuation he thought, as it is I'd better stay on the move, I've no doubt Kyle will track us by scent.

Just at that moment one of Forge's smaller aircraft descended from the gloomy cloud cover above, he couldn't hear it from here. If it was Forge he had probably just returned from delivering the X-Jet.

TMR74
11-14-2003, 07:59 PM
"I don't think the DUP's will give us much trouble, he can make as many as he wants..." Kyle replied as he stopped and watched the sky, looking for something that at this point could not be seen. "...that just means, more lambs for the slaughter."

Kyle paused for a moment and then continued.

"It looks like we have vistors..." Kyle said as he pointed in the direction of the new arrivals, then gave Brian a glance. "...friends of yours?"

Ronin
11-18-2003, 11:18 AM
OOC: Sorry, long distance birthday party

<<"I don't think the DUP's will give us much trouble, he can make as many as he wants..." Kyle replied as he stopped and watched the sky, looking for something that at this point could not be seen. "...that just means, more lambs for the slaughter.">>

Brian wasn't so sure but Kyle had worked with Jamie before this and so Brian decided to trust in his knowledge of their team mate, the only strategy really was to take any duplicate they saw out.

<<Kyle paused for a moment and then continued."It looks like we have vistors..." Kyle said as he pointed in the direction of the new arrivals, then gave Brian a glance. "...friends of yours?">>

Brian shook his head and shrugged, "I wasn't advised of a visit, the CIA were glad to get me out of there hair, I don't know why they'd attract more attention by sending someone" he replied a little sourly, "Maybe their new recruits?" he suggested.

ArcangelJR
11-18-2003, 12:13 PM
Two duplicates came over a hill bothe at the same time saying "Thats probably some of our old friends." The duplicates stood there ground as they looked at the other two to see what they are doing.

OOC: Are we going against each other? I didnt get that from the description of the excercise but you two make it seem that way.

TMR74
11-19-2003, 09:19 PM
"CIA? No, doesn't seem like their style..." Kyle replied as he glanced back at Lawson and then at the Dup's as they made their way up the hill. "...friends maybe. But from the looks of it, nobody I've met yet."

(OOC: I'm not sure...I thought Uber was going to interrupt things and send us on a mission. That's why I had WC notice the others arrival.)

uber morlock
11-19-2003, 09:35 PM
((OOC: Shit it's my turn isn't it. We may as well continue with this for now, if you want to fight be my guest, if you don't then act surprised when you are attacked, if the training gets stagnant I'll call it off.))

Alex jogged further and closed the distance to draw closer to the facility, he was on the look out for the defending team. Now having left the noise of the waterfall behind he also kept his ears pricked for the sound of conflict.

He wasn't sure how effective a ploy the multiples were making and if instead the defending team would go for a different strategy. He guessed he had just halved his altitude above the facility since his position on the rock.

Alex caught sight of one of the Jamies up ahead and silently signaled for his attention.

uber morlock
11-27-2003, 04:12 PM
Failing to draw the attention of his team mate, Havok departed the cover of the trees to close the gap between him and Jamie, leaving himself, for a moment, in the open.

Between the tall tree trunks glimpses of the gravel parking bay could be seen not far below them. To either side of Alex the quick form's of Jamie's dupes could be seen.

"Jamie!" Alex whispered harshly.

ArcangelJR
11-27-2003, 08:24 PM
Jamies were prowling the forest two nearest Havok asked "What?" quitly,

uber morlock
11-28-2003, 05:04 PM
Alex approached the nearest dupe but talked to both that had answered him.
"I've had a diiferent idea, I want to wrap this up quickly I think Forge has returned from the X-mansion and there's something, well, that I need to know." Havok glanced around for any sign of the other team approaching. "...If you can get yourselves to occupy Kyle and the others while I sneak round to get back to the facility we should get this finished soon."

ArcangelJR
11-28-2003, 06:30 PM
Jamie noded "I already have three of me up there doing that. Ok go then I will make my way there or at least one of me will. Apparently Wild Child thinks I am a push over. Cya over there."

uber morlock
12-01-2003, 06:11 PM
Alex gave a short laugh and patted a Madrox on the back before leaping away to circle the parking bay below.

He caught a glimpse of Jamie's distraction and waited for the right moment to rush across to the facility.

uber morlock
12-08-2003, 04:29 PM
((OOC: Consider this thread closed, the training will be considered completed and so the players, what are left of them can continue RPing elsewhere.))